21. Does arthroscopy have a role in management of patients with hip and knee PJI?
26. Does identification of the pathogen prior to performing debridement, antibiotics and implant retention (DAIR) help guide the surgeon's decision making? If so, should you wait in a clinically stable patient until the pathogen has been identified?
29. a) Does prior septic arthritis (aerobic, anaerobic, fungal, tuberculosis) of a native joint predispose the patients to an increased risk of subsequent PJI in the same joint receiving arthroplasty? b) If yes, how long after a prior septic arthritis can elective arthroplasty be performed in the same joint?
30. Does routine use of a new set of surgical instruments and equipment following debridement and before implantation reduce the risk of SSI/PJI recurrence? Is it necessary to change all surgical fields before the final reimplantation in septic revision surgery?
34. Does the surface (grit blasted, plasma sprayed, porous metal, porous beaded, HA coated) of uncemented THA components influence the rate of subsequent SSI/PJI?
42. Does the use of cemented or cementless components at the time of reimplantation affect the success of treating chronic PJI? If yes, what is the optimal antibiotic(s), dosage, and cement to maximize antibiotic delivery and mechanical properties of the cement?
61. Is debridement, antibiotic, and implant retention (DAIR) an emergency procedure for patients with acute PJI or should optimization be implemented prior to surgery to enhace the success of this procedure?
69. Is there a concern for contamination of the surgical field by particles, such as cement, that may escape the wound intraoperatively by coming into contact with the ceiling light or facial masks and fall back into the wound?
84. Is undergoing a colonoscopy or upper GI endoscopy after total joint arthroplasty associated with an increased risk of SSI/PJI? If yes, does antibiotic prophylaxis prior to a colonoscopy or upper GI endoscopy after total joint arthroplasty reduce the risk of SSI/PJI?
106. What are the advantages of one-stage exchange arthroplasty?
121. What indicators/metrics would compel a surgeon to perform resection arthroplasty and antibiotic spacer insertion, delaying the arthroplasty to a later date, in a patient with prior septic arthritis undergoing primary arthroplasty?
131. What is the incidence of culture-negative infections and what are the diagnostic protocols for further investigating these cases?
136. What is the optimal follow-up plan (schedule, exam maneuvers, labs, imaging) for patients being treated for PJI? How frequently should the inflammatory biomarkers be measured after the resection arthroplasty performed as part of two-stage exchange?
137. a) What is the optimal length of administration for antibiotic treatment following resection arthroplasty? b) What is the optimal mode of administration for antibiotic treatment following resection arthroplasty?
143. What is the role of nuclear medicine imaging modalities (three phase bone scintigraphy, bone marrow scintigraphy, white blood cell scintigraphy (with 99mTc or 111In), anti-granulocyte monoclonal antibody scintigraphy, and FDG-PET/CT scan) in diagnosing PJI?
151. When a patient undergoes aseptic revision and intra-operative culture(s) grow an organism, should patients be treated with antibiotic therapy? If so, what is the recommended route and duration of antibiotic therapy?