1. Can sub-radical resection arthroplasty (leaving parts of implants in place) be considered during management of patients with chronic PJI?
2. Does arthroscopy have a role in management of patients with hip and knee PJI?
3. Does extended prophylactic antibiotics therapy for patients undergoing aseptic revision help reduce the risk of subsequent SSI/PJI?
4. Does the surgical approach of primary THA affect the incidence of subsequent SSI/PJI?
5. Does the type of bearing surface influence the incidence of SSI/PJI after total hip arthroplasty?
6. Is aseptic loosening associated with an undiagnosed PJI?
7. Is there a difference in outcome and survival between arthrodesis and above-knee amputation for chronic knee PJI?
8. Is there a role for single-stage exchange arthroplasty in acute PJI of cementless THA?
9. Is there a role for sonication of implants retrieved during explanation?
10. Should endoprosthesis and/or allograft bone be soaked in antibiotic solution or antiseptic solutions prior to implantation in patients?
11. Should factors like preoperative radiation, soft tissue vs. bone resection, presence of metal vs. structural allograft, and other factors influence the dose and duration of antibiotic prophylaxis?
12. Should heterotopic ossification be removed during resection arthroplasty of an infected prosthetic joint?
13. Should patients undergoing megaprosthesis reconstruction be screened pre-operatively for asymptomatic bacteriuria?
14. Should patients undergoing oncologic endoprosthesis reconstruction be screened pre-operatively for MRSA?
15. Should patients undergoing outpatient total joint arthroplasty receive additional post-operative prophylactic antibiotics?
16. Should patients with an oncologic endoprosthesis in place receive antibiotic prophylaxis during dental procedures?
17. Should patients with PJI caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis undergo the typical two-week drug holiday prior to reimplantation?
18. Should prophylactic antibiotics be started in patients with an oncologic endoprosthesis who develop neutropenia secondary to postoperative chemotherapy?
19. Should the management of PJI involving an oncologic endoprosthesis differ from that of conventional joint replacement prostheses?
20. Should the serum white cell count be taken into account prior to endoprosthetic reconstruction in patients who have undergone recent chemotherapy?
21. What are the indications and contraindications for a one-stage exchange arthroplasty for the treatment of chronic PJIs?
22. What are the significant risk factors for SSI/PJI of an oncologic endoprosthesis following resection of a malignant bone tumor?
23. What factors may improve the outcome of a two stage exchange arthroplasty in patients with an infected oncologic endoprosthesis?
24. What irrigation solution and how much should be used during endoprosthetic reconstruction of a patient undergoing musculoskeletal tumor resection?
25. What is the best reconstruction technique for an infected allograft?
26. What is the best surgical treatment for management of a chronically infected oncologic endoprosthesis? Does this change if the patient is receiving or has received recent chemotherapy and/or irradiation?
27. What is the most optimal local antimicrobial delivery strategy during limb salvage: antibiotic cement, silver-coated implant, iodine-coated implant, topical Vancomycin powder, injection of antibiotics via drain tubing, other?
28. What is the optimal timing for reimplantation of a two-stage exchange arthroplasty of the hip and knee? What metrics should be considered to determine the timing of reimplantation after infected hip and knee?
29. What metrics should be used to determine the optimal timing of reimplantation for patients with a resected oncologic endoprosthesis?
30. What should be the time delay between preoperative chemo/radiotherapy and a surgical tumor resection in order to minimize incidence of SSI/PJI?
31. What strategies should be implemented to minimize the risk of SSI/PJI in patients who have received chemotherapy or radiation therapy?
32. What strategies, if any, should be used to minimize the risk of subsequent PJI/SSI in patients undergoing endoprosthetic reconstruction who are receiving or have received chemotherapy and/or radiation?
33. What type, dose, and duration of prophylactics antibiotic should be administered to patients undergoing oncologic endoprosthetic reconstruction who have received or will be receiving chemotherapy and/or radiation?
34. When a patient undergoes aseptic revision and intra-operative culture(s) grow an organism, should patients be treated with antibiotic therapy? If so, what is the recommended route and duration of antibiotic therapy?
35. When should a surgical drain be removed to minimize the risk of subsequent SSI/PJI in patients who have received endoprosthetic reconstruction following resection of a musculoskeletal tumor?